So when I first started a blog I told myslf there were certain rules I would abide to. I would post at least once a week. I wouldn’t mention my son at all and I wouldn’t do meme’s. Like most rules I make up for myself there was absolutely no logic behind this what so ever, so when Thefabulousmomsguide tagged me into this meme I thought it would probably make more sense to do it that to refuse for a rule I made up for no reason.
So here we go, these are the ten things I tell myself everyday;
1) Do not make stupid rules to live by for no reason. They will ostracise you from polite society and make you look like a twit.
2) WordPress is designed in a way specifically to annoy you. It is not just you. In some countries they probably us wordpress as a form of torture.
3) Chocolate sprinkles on skinny lattes are calorie free. Even if they are an inch thick.
4) (At 8am) Today is the day I am finally going to get on top of the housework. Definitely.
5) (At mid-day) Today is the day I am going to get on top of most of the housework. Definitely. Except for the ironing. And obviously the hoovering. Probably not going to get round to fixing the door locks either but the rest will get done.
6) (At 8pm) Today is the day I am going to get absolutely no housework done. I will however panic clean for ten minutes then blame my husband / child / cat for the ensuing chaos.
7) My hair is not messy. It is interesting, verging on artistic.
8) Nobody ever lied on their deathbed and wished they’d spent more time in the office.
9) To the best of my knowledge, nobody ever lied on their deathbed wishing they’d spent more time messing about on the internet. However, that doesn’t mean I’m going to risk being that person.
10) Rice cakes are for toddlers, large scale flapjack consumption marks me out as a grown up.
Done, phew! Off to avoid some more housework and think about my next project, but in the meantime I’m going to tag:
All of whom also have lovely blogs so do go check them out!