Get ready for some easy Halloween crafts that are spookily easy to prepare with this free bat template to print.
Halloween is the perfect time for crafting with your child, whether you just want something simple to make or a decoration that you can hang up at home. This printable PDF helps save you time and stress so you can concentrate on having some spooky fun with your child.
As well as the template itself we’re also sharing lots of ideas for how you can use it.
I’ve always done quite a lot of bat activities with my kids, partially because my kids love Halloween but also because my son was huge fan of Batman when he was younger. If I couldn’t find anything online to do then I’d have to come up with something quickly!
Getting things ready from scratch can be time consuming but likewise at the rate my kids go through ideas it can be pretty expensive if we buy things for every activity so hopefully this bat template will help save you a bit of money and time while allowing you to have fun and get creative with your child.
You can get this template at the bottom of this page by subscribing the free Crafts on Sea newsletter, we won’t spam you and you can unsubscribe at any time – we do send lots of printables like this though which are perfect for keeping your kids entertained!
Bat Template Craft Ideas
- Grab a cotton bud (q-tip) and dip it in black, blue, purple and green ink and use it to colour in the bat shape. Can you make dots all over the bat?
- I’ve used this template to make our mosaic bat craft.
- Colour or paint it. There’s nothing wrong with the most simple ideas as they’re often the most fun and can lead to more creativity too – what will your bat’s face look like? Or you could print the bat onto blue paper, paint your bat black and then add some stars to the background. Why not try colouring in a few of these then cutting them out and using them for Halloween decorations, they’d look great flying across a wall.
- Make a bat silhouette craft using black card, I love the way this one turned out.
- Make a suncatcher using dark cellophane or tissue paper. I made pumpkin suncatchers with my kids that they really enjoyed but you could easily do a bat shaped one cutting about a 2cm edge around this template to give you a frame for your child to fill in. As well as the original post about this I’ve also linked the video of making our suncatchers to this page to give you an idea how this works.
Free Templates for Kids Crafts
As a parent I know how handy it can be to have things to hand that you can easily print off for your children so here on Crafts on Sea you’ll find lots of free templates with ideas for every season. With each template you’ll also find ideas on how to use them, so be sure to check them out.
Free Bat Printable
To get your free bat template just subscribe below in the box. We won’t send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address your template will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift.