Playdough is always a great go to activity with kids, I think most of us have a pot or two hidden in a cupboard! These fun St Patrick’s Day playdough mats are perfect for a quick to set up activity and as they’re free you can print them off right now and get started!
These leprechaun playdough mats are all about looking at emotions with prompts for happy, sad, angry and tired as well as lots more.
Make your leprechaun’s face out of playdough to show how they feel, there’s ideas in the printables to help give ideas on how to form each emotion on your leprechaun’s face although of course you can just give it a go and start rolling out that playdough to do a big smile!
RELATED – St Patricks Day Crafts for Toddlers
What’s In the St Patrick’s Day Playdough Mats Pack?
Inside this pack you’ll find nine pages:
- A leprechaun playdough mat where you can add the face and shamrock
- A leprechaun playdough mat with the shamrock already coloured in
- A pain black and white copy of the face that you can draw the features on and colour in
- A page with six examples of emotions you can draw or make in playdough
- Two pages of small faces to draw the emotions on
- A page showing the leprechaun’s face to write the emotions underneath
- Two pages showing blank emotions and a space to write the emotions, one in colour and one in black and white.
Get Your Playdough Mat
Click here to get your free St Patrick’s Day playdough mats.
Leprechaun Playdough Mats
- Leprechaun playdough mats
- Download and print the playdough mats or drawing and colouring sheets that you wish to use.
- For the leprechaun emotions playdough mats grab your coloured playdough and use it to make the different faces of the leprechaun, rolling out playdough to make the mouth or rolling it into balls to make the eyes.
- You can also use playdough to make the shamrock on the leprechaun's hat. Use the sheets with pictures of the leprechaun for suggestions on what each emotion should look like.
- For the smaller sheets with multiple leprechauns on them you can choose to write in the emotion shown or either draw or use playdough to create the faces.
More St Patrick’s Day Activities
This free Roll A Rainbow playdough mat game is perfect for St Patrick’s Day and can help with colour recognition and number recognition too.
Got some foil in the kitchen cupboard? This easy St Patricks Day craft is great for younger kids to make.
We’ve got three easy ideas for shamrock crafts for kids that you can make using our free shamrock template, I love this tissue paper craft!