As I’m writing this I can see some flowering trees covered in blossom at the end of my garden so sharing this paper plate spring tree craft seems really appropriate!
This easy craft with its tissue paper cherry blossom is really easy to make and makes a great spring craft for kids.
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources and as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring Tree Craft
Simple activities celebrating the change in seasons are exactly the kinds of crafts that we enjoy in our home.
Blossom trees are something that I know my kids look out for so this craft is a good way to make the most of their interest. Cherry blossom trees are perfect for both spring and Easter crafts and they’re ones that are both easily recognisable and easy to create.
This craft is part of a set with our autumn paper plate tree and our paper plate winter tree craft the summer one will be here when the weather warms up a little so do check those out too for more ideas if you’re thinking of making some four seasons crafts.
As well as the tutorial for this spring tree craft I’ll also be sharing some ideas for spring books that you can share with your child and some more of our favourite spring crafts for kids so make sure that you check those out too.
Spring Books For Kids
There are so many gorgeous spring themed books for kids out there at the moment that I really struggled to pick just a few ideas to share with you. These all look lovely though!
- A Walk Through The Woods by Louise Greig
- Spring In The Forest (Lift the Flap Surprise Book) by Rusty Finch
- Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring by Kenard Pak
Want to make this gorgeous spring tree craft? Make sure that you pin an image or bookmark this page so you have it to hand when you’re ready to make it! You can also print out the instructions and material list for this craft below.
Spring Crafts for Kids
We love spring tree crafts for kids and we’ve got quite a few ideas for making them too. This post contains a list of spring tree craft ideas so that you can make an adorable 3d tree no matter what materials you have at home! These ones were made using our free tree template.
Spring is a great time to look at farm animal crafts and this lamb or sheep craft is always popular as it’s so simple to make and uses a different painting tool to the normal paint brush.
This easy mosaic flower craft is a good way to practice scissor skills or fine motor skills.
Paper Plate Spring Tree Craft
- 1 Paper plate
- Tissue paper Green and pink
- Cardstock or construction paper Brown
- Start by cutting your green tissue paper into squares. Older children will be able to do this themselves and some younger children will be able to do it with a little help but if you are making this craft with very young children you will want to do it for them.
- Next cover the paper plate with glue. I've used a PVA glue (school glue) but a glue stick should also work and would mean that the glue will dry quicker.
- Stick your tissue paper squares all over your paper plate covering as much of the area as you can. It's obviously fine for the tissue paper to overlap and this makes a nice change in the colours.
- Cut a tree trunk shape from brown card or construction paper and glue this onto your paper plate.
- Tear pieces up of the pink tissue and scrunch them up into little tissue paper balls to form your tree's blossom. Carefully glue them onto the green part of your paper plate tree, avoiding the trees branches if possible (not a necessity though) Scrunching tissue paper is a really nice sensory craft, we love listening to it and it can be quite relaxing too!