As I’m writing this I can see a tree covered in blossom at the end of my garden so sharing this paper plate spring tree craft seems really appropriate! This sweet craft with its tissue paper cherry blossom is really easy to make and makes a great spring craft for kids.
This craft is part of a set with our autumn paper plate tree and our paper plate winter tree craft – the summer one will be here when the weather warms up a little – so do check those out too for more ideas if you’re thinking of making some four seasons crafts.
I have included links to affiliate programmes in this post if you click on these and buy I may earn a small commission. Affiliate links are marked with an asterisk.
As well as the tutorial for this spring tree craft I’ll also be sharing some ideas for spring books that you can share with your child and some more of our favourite spring crafts for kids so make sure that you check those out too.
Spring Books For Kids
There are so many gorgeous spring themed books for kids out there at the moment that I really struggled to pick just a few ideas to share with you. These all look lovely though!
- A Walk Through The Woods* by Louise Greig
- Spring In The Forest (Lift the Flap Surprise Book)* by Rusty Finch
- Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring* by Kenard Pak
Like this craft? Make sure that you pin an image or bookmark this page so you have it to hand when you’re ready to make it! You can also print out the instructions and material list for this craft below.
Paper Plate Spring Tree Craft
- 1 Paper plate
- Tissue paper Green and pink
- Start by cutting your green tissue paper into squares. Older kids will be able to do this themselves and some younger children will be able to do it with a little help but if you are making this craft with very young children you will want to do it for them.
- Next cover the paper plate with glue. I've used a PVA glue (school glue) but a glue stick should also work and would mean that the glue will dry quicker.
- Stick your tissue paper squares all over your paper plate covering as much of the area as you can. It's obviously fine for the tissue paper to overlap and this makes a nice change in the colours.
- Cut a tree trunk shape from brown card or paper and glue this onto your paper plate.
- Tear pieces up of the pink tissue and scrunch them up into small balls to form your tree's blossom. Carefully glue them onto the green part of your paper plate tree. Scrunching tissue paper is a really nice sensory craft, we love listening to it and it can be quite relaxing too!
Spring Crafts for Kids
Spring is a great time to look at farm animal crafts and this lamb or sheep craft is always popular as it’s so simple to make.
This easy mosaic flower craft is a good way to practice scissor skills or fine motor skills.