We love autumn crafts so it’s no big surprise that we have a lot of ideas linked to autumn leaf crafts and this free leaf template is designed to make arts and crafts with your child that little bit easier.
Crafting with your child is a great thing to do and it’s lots of fun too but I know from experience that sometimes things can take a long time to set up and as a parent sometimes free time can be at a premium!
RELATED – Free Template for Kids Crafts
I love templates for kids crafts because they mean that you can quickly have something available to use with your child that’s versatile depending on the materials you have at home and also because, well to be honest my freehand drawing isn’t always great.
Templates are also great if you are working in a classroom or preschool as drawing one leaf might be ok but twenty or thirty is another thing altogether. Save some time and use the printer!
I’ve shared a lot of printable templates on the site and they’re always a favourite with parents, I always make sure that I share some ideas for how to use them too although of course if you just want to use them for colouring that’s fine too
What You'll Find on This Page
Autumn Leaf Template
This template is of an oak leaf as they’re my favourite leaves, the shape is so easily recognisable and I think they’re the first ones my kids learnt to recognise on sight too.
Of course you can use this printable at any time of year but it makes a great autumn leaf template as that’s the time of year people tend to do leaf crafts.
I do have some smaller leaf templates available if you want to try out different leaf shapes instead or of course you could use a mixture of both.
Not near a printer right now? Make sure you bookmark this page or pin it for later so that you’ve got it to hand when you’re ready to use it.
Don’t print the images in this post though (honestly, it won’t look good), make sure you use the actual PDF!
What to make with a leaf template
- Cut round the edges to make our autumn leaf suncatchers.
- Grab some pom poms and make this easy leaf craft.
- Grab your favourite autumnal coloured paints and a reusable plate to pour them on and try some finger painting.
- How about using this for Thanksgiving?You could use this as a gratitude leaf template, just print it onto coloured paper or card and write on it what you are thankful for. You could even use these to make a gratitude tree.
- Got a pile of scrap paper? Why not use it to make a collage on your oak leaf with all the autumnal colours you can find? You could either use this as a way to practice scissor skills or why not try it with torn paper?
Leaf PDF terms and conditions of use:
This leaf template is free for personal use and for schools and preschools to use. You can print and use as many copies as you like but you can not edit the PDF itself and you can not sell it.
If you would like to link to this template to share it with others or as part of a blog post please link to this page and not to the PDF itself.
Get your leaf template:
Autumn crafts with templates
If you like this template why not check out our autumn tree painting ideas which uses our free tree template.