This list and printable for one month of packed lunch ideas is part of a #backtoschool #shop hosted by Collective Bias. All the opinions in it are my own. Packed lunches are a funny one. I always start each term with the idea that I am going to be the perfect mum with loads of cool bento stuff packed full of nutritional value that my kids will happily wolf down. About three days into each term though reality bites, I realise I haven’t ordered any bread and I’m running around looking for PE kits and library books and the pretty stuff just isn’t happening.
Over time I’ve learnt that the best thing for me is to plan my kids lunches out, that way I’m making sure they don’t have a cheese sandwich and an apple every day and I’m not quite so panicked. As it’s something that helps me I thought it might help other people too so today I’m sharing a free printable with a whole month of lunch box ideas.
What You'll Find on This Page
Get the right tools
One of the issues I have with packed lunches is that no matter how many cute little boxes I buy when it’s 8.20am and I’m in a panic I can’t find the lids for them. I love the Sistema Quaddie boxes and have used them for years. They’re great because you can separate all the different things (no strawberries staining your bread) but the lids stay on so you don’t lose them.
They come in several different colours but I bought this pink one in Morrissons which was in their back to school section. They handily had a big ‘lunchboxes’ sign next to them in my local store which made them even easier to find.
25 Packed Lunch Ideas
I’ve listed 25 packed lunch ideas which should give you enough for five weeks of meals – one whole month or a bit over! If you scroll to the bottom of the page you’ll also find a free printable with them all listed – perfect for printing off and sticking on the fridge.
Although there’s lots of ideas there’s no repeats and I’ve tried to keep to stuff I know my kids will actually eat, if there’s something your kids won’t touch (we’re kinda hummus addicts here) then obviously just swap it out for something your kids do like.
Hopefully all the ideas should make sense, the only things I could think of that might need explaining are the pitta fingers and pitta pizzas. To make pitta fingers just cut a pitta into strips (I sometimes pop a bit of cheese on and cook them for a couple of minutes first) and you can make pitta pizzas by popping some tomato puree onto a pitta, then add oregano, whatever cheese you have and pop in the oven until the cheese melts.
One Month of lunch box ideas:
1. Pitta pizza, carrot sticks and a yogurt tube
2. Ham wrap. popcorn and sliced grapes
3. Chicken sandwich, rice cakes and melon pieces
4. Cheese bagel, carrot sticks and houmous, raisins
5. Ham and houmous sandwich, pepper sticks, strawberries and sliced grapes
6. Cous cous and chicken, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, banana
7. Grated carrot and houmous wrap, cocktail sausages, cookie
8. Cheese sandwich, rice cakes, sliced grapes and blueberries
9. Pitta pizza, cucumber sticks and a banana
10. Ham wrap, cheese cubes and melon pieces
11. Pitta fingers and houmous, strawberries and a cookie
12. Ham sandwich, cucumber sticks, strawberries, blueberries
13. Chicken wrap, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, yogurt tube
14. Ham bagel, cheese cubes, strawberries and sliced grapes
15. Cheese sandwich, carrot sticks and houmous, apple
16. Pitta pizza, popcorn, yogurt tube
17. Cous cous and chicken, pepper and cucumber, cookie
18. Ham wrap, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries
19. Pitta fingers and houmous, pepper sticks, banana
20.. Ham and houmous sandwich, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, strawberries and grapes
21. Grated carrot and houmous wrap, cheese cubes, yogurt tube
22. Pitta pizza, cocktail sausages and a satsuma
23. Cheese bagel, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, cookie
24. Chicken sandwich, carrot sticks and popcorn
25. Cheese wrap, rice cakes, cucumber and sliced grapes
Like a copy of these packed lunch ideas? I’ve made a free printable which you can see below. To get your copy (without the banner on it) just click the link below the image.