I know there are quite a few paper plate Halloween crafts out there but I totally love this easy paper plate witch craft with her egg box nose. There’s something just a bit more fun about making a craft three dimensional isn’t there!
This simple Halloween craft is a great excuse to get the paints out and it’s a fun way to practice scissor skills too (why cut up a worksheet when you can cut out a green nose?!)
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources and as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
What You'll Find on This Page
Paper Plate Halloween Crafts
Making kids crafts with paper plates is always really popular because they’re so cheap and they’re something that a lot of us have around the house too. They’re great if you want something to do with a group or just want a simple way of using up those party supplies!
We’ve made a few with a Halloween theme, my kids made these paper plate bats which they loved and we’ve also got a paper plate ghost craft where you can make your ghost ‘fly’ but I love this paper plate witch craft because her 3D nose makes her look a bit different to normal paper plate crafts and I love any craft that allows me to get my materials from the recycling box!
Witch Books for Kids
As well as this witch craft for kids I thought I would share some witch books for kids with you – these three are all ones that we have read and enjoyed, in fact we’re working our way through The Worst Witch series right now and my kids are loving it!
I think it’s nice to have some themed stories for different seasons and these are ones that have been really popular in our house.
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J K Rowling (obviously not one for younger readers – stick to Room on the Broom! But I started reading the Harry Potter series to my kids when my son was five or six which meant that by the time we reached the scarier books he was old enough to not be scared by them. And I couldn’t leave Hermione off a list of books with awesome witches.)
Like this craft? Make sure that you bookmark this page or pin an image so that you don’t forget about it!
Easy Witch Craft
If you’d like to see how to make this fun paper plate witch then you can watch the video in this post, prefer written instructions? Don’t worry we’ve got those too.
Start by painting your paper plate green (if you don’t fancy this bit it’s totally possible to buy green paper plates). Once it’s dry cut the long bit out of a green egg box to make your witches nose, making sure that you leave a bit of the egg box at the bottom to make it easier to stick and then glue this onto your paper plate using PVA glue.
This is a great one for chilled out practising of scissor skills as being a witch it doesn’t matter at all if her hair looks a bit messy, if you watch the one I’ve made in the video my witches hair isn’t exactly ruler straight either!
Using your glue stick the witches hair on either side of her head and then glue her hat on top of that.
Easy Paper Plate Witch Craft
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Black marker pen
- Paper plate
- Coloured paper for hair
- cardboard egg box
- Pom poms
- Black card
- Paint your paper plate green and leave to dry.
- Cut out your witch's nose from an egg box and stick this on.
- Cut out strips of coloured paper for the hair and stick these onto your paper plate.
- Cut out a black hat shape from cardstock and stick this on.
- Draw on eyes and a mouth with your black marker.
- Add green pom poms to be your witch's warts.
Halloween Crafts for Kids:
We love sharing Halloween crafts for kids and this stained glass pumpkin has to be one of our favourites.
Or if it’s witch crafts that you love this paper bag witch is super simple to make and fun for using as a puppet afterwards.
Want more inspiration? This round up of Halloween activities has over 40 fun ideas perfect for younger kids.