I know there are quite a few paper plate witch crafts out there but I totally love this easy witch craft with her egg box nose. There’s something just a bit more fun about making a craft three dimensional isn’t there! This simple Halloween craft is a great excuse to get the paints out and it’s a fun way to practice scissor skills too (why cut up a worksheet when you can cut out a green nose?!)
I have included links to affiliate programmes in this post if you click on these and buy I may earn a small commission. Affiliate links are marked with an asterisk.
Witch Books for Kids
We love Halloween crafts for kids and have shared loads over the years, make sure you check out the links at the end of this post to see some of our favourites! As well as this witch craft for kids I thought I would share some Witch books for kids with you – these three are all ones that we have read and enjoyed, in fact we’re working our way through The Worst Witch* series right now and my kids are loving it! I think it’s nice to have some themed stories for different seasons and these are ones that have been really popular in our house.
- Room on the Broom* by Julia Donaldson
- The Worst Witch* by Jill Murphy
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone* by J K Rowling (obviously not one for younger readers – stick to Room on the Broom! But I started reading the Harry Potter series to my kids when my son was five or six which meant that by the time we reached the scarier books he was old enough to not be scared by them. And I couldn’t leave Hermione off a list of books with awesome witches.)
Like this craft? Make sure that you bookmark this page or pin an image so that you don’t forget about it!
Easy Witch Craft
If you’d like to see how to make this fun paper plate witch then you can watch the video below, prefer written instructions? You’ll find them straight underneath.
Start by painting your paper plate* green (if you don’t fancy this bit it’s totally possible to buy green paper plates*). Once it’s dry cut the long bit out of a green egg box to make your witches nose, making sure that you leave a bit of the egg box at the bottom to make it easier to stick and then glue this onto your paper plate using PVA glue*.
Next cut your witches hat out of black card* and some strips of hair out of orange paper* or card. This is a great one for chilled out practising of scissor skills as being a witch it doesn’t matter at all if her hair looks a bit messy, if you watch the one I’ve made in the video my witches hair isn’t exactly ruler straight either! Using your glue stick the witches hair on either side of her head and then glue her hat on top of that.
Easy Paper Plate Witch Craft
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Coloured paper for hair
- Black card
- Cardboard egg box
- Pom poms
- Black marker pen
- Paint your paper plate green and leave to dry. If you are in a rush you can use a green paper plate instead.
- Cut out your witch's nose from an egg box and stick this on.
- Cut out strips of coloured paper for the hair and stick these onto your paper plate.
- Cut out a black hat shape from cardstock and stick this on.
- Draw on eyes and a mouth with your black marker.
- Add green pom poms to be your witch's warts.
Halloween Crafts for Kids:
We love sharing Halloween crafts for kids and this stained glass pumpkin has to be one of our favourites.
Or if it’s witch crafts that you love this paper bag witch is super simple to make and fun for using as a puppet afterwards.
Want more inspiration? This round up of Halloween activities has over 40 fun ideas perfect for younger kids.