Are you looking for a free printable turkey template? Our PDF is perfect for crafting with your kids or using as a simple coloring page.
Turkey crafts and activities are really popular at Thanksgiving but you can also use them as part of a farm topic.
Our simple template is perfect no matter what your reason and as always we’ll be sharing lots of craft and activity ideas that you could do using it.
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources and as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Free Turkey Template
Thanksgiving is a really fun time but it’s also one when a lot of people are busy getting everything prepared. No matter if you need a simple turkey coloring page to keep your kids busy while you’re busy too or if you want an activity you can do together during this special time this printable is a great way to help you.
You can get this template at the bottom of this page by subscribing the free Crafts on Sea newsletter, we won’t spam you and you can unsubscribe at any time – we do send lots of printables like this though which are perfect for keeping your kids entertained!
Turkey Craft Ideas
- Color: This printable would make a great turkey coloring sheet, all you need to do is grab your favourite markers, crayons or even paint. Printing this out would also make a nice simple activity for a group (perfect if you need a moments peace!)
- Make a thankful turkey: Colour in your turkey (or leave it bank, your choice) and then on each feather write or draw something that you are thankful for.
- Cut out the turkey’s body: of course you don’t need to use the whole of the turkey in this printable! Why not cut out the turkey’s body and then use something else to make the feathers? You could use colorful leaves from your garden or use scrap paper to make colorful feathers.
- Paper plate craft: follow our tutorial to make this easy handprint paper paper plate turkey craft.
- Handprints: or skip the paper plate and just make your handprints straight onto paper!
- Gluing feathers: use glue to stick colored feathers onto your turkey.
- Make a paper garland: you could print several of these turkeys and then turn them into a garland for a cheap and simple Thanksgiving decoration, especially if you color them first. Just cut out the turkey shape and then use tape to attach the back of each one to some string before hanging them all up.
- Q-tips: pour a little paint into a dish or plate and then dip a q-tip into it before dabbing it onto your turkey’s feathers to color them in with lots of little dots. You could stick to one color or use different q-tips for different colored dots.
- Painting with feathers; we made these feather painted turkeys a few years back and while the materials were obviously a little different for those you could still dip a feather in some paint before using it to decorate your turkey’s feathers. We found it made a fun alternative to using a paintbrush.
More Turkey Crafts For Kids
This paper plate turkey craft is great for preschoolers and uses pom poms to paint your turkey’s feathers. I’ve shared a video to this page so you can see this craft in action if you would like.
Or why not try making this paper bag turkey craft using colored foam or card.
Turkey Craft Kits
If you love crafting with your kids but don’t always have the time to get the supplies that you need why not check out one of these turkey craft kits? With ideas including making turkeys out of pumpkins and turkey bookmarks they’re a great option for doing something with your kids or if you need a group activity for Thanksgiving in a rush.
How To Get And Print The Template
To get your free tree template just subscribe below in the box. We won’t send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address your template will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift.