I’m really enjoying sharing some easy and fun Thanksgiving crafts and today’s paper plate turkey craft is no different.
It’s really easy which means that it would be a great craft for toddlers with a little help or it’s totally suitable for older kids who should be able to make the whole craft themselves.
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources and as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
What You'll Find on This Page
Paper Plate Turkey Craft
This paper plate turkey craft is super easy to make and as you’ll see below there are a couple of really good reasons to try painting with pom poms!
This craft is also a really good way to practice scissor skills – younger kids just starting with scissors can cut out the triangle for the nose while older kids can cut other parts too.
If you’d like to see how I made this turkey craft you can check out the video below. Prefer written instructions? You’ll find them straight underneath as well as more inspiration for Thanksgiving crafts. Like this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or pin an image so you’ve got it to hand when you need it!
Once it’s dry cut out the turkey’s body from brown paper and glue this on to your paper plate.
The Benefits of Painting with Pom Poms
- Pom poms with clothes pegs are are a great way for kids to paint without getting too messy (if they aren’t keen on finger painting or if you aren’t keen on them doing it!)
- Getting kids to put the clothes peg onto the pom pom themselves is good for hand-eye coordination
- If you get rid of the clothes peg and just pinch the pom pom then the pinching is a good way for them to practice their fine motor skills.
- You could get your kid to match the same colour paint with a coloured pom pom and / or clothes peg
- As the colours mix together it’s also a good excuse to talk about colour mixing – how is orange made?
More Turkey Crafts for Kids
My kids enjoyed making this simple feather painted turkey craft
This paper bag turkey makes a great DIY puppet too
This egg box turkey is great for Thanksgiving
Some Fun Thanksgiving Turkey Books for Kids
After crafting together or while you’re waiting for paint to dry why not settle down together and share some Thanksgiving stories – these turkey themed books all look like great fun!
Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
How to Catch a Turkey by Adam Wallace
A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman
More Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
If your children enjoy colouring you’ll love this free Thanksgiving coloring page for kids
This paper plate Mayflower craft is movable!
Finally why not check out our round up of Thanksgiving activities for toddlers