Do you need a free printable tiger template? This PDF is perfect for crafting with your kids or using as a simple coloring page.
Tiger crafts and activities are really popular at Chinese New Year and as 2022 is the Year Of The Tiger you can expect them to be especially prominent this year.
Tigers are also popular as part of a zoo animals topic, safari or jungle themes or for learning about the letter t.
RELATED POSTS – Free Templates for Kids Crafts
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources and as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
This free printable tiger craft template is perfect for creating some simple crafts and activities with your child and whatever your reason is for your interest in tigers we’ll be sharing lots of craft and activity ideas that you could do using this PDF.
As well as ideas for this printable we’ll also be sharing some of our favourite activities and printables for Chinese New Year and zoo animals so be sure to check them out too.
Tiger Craft Ideas
- Coloring: this makes a great tiger template to color and it’s perfect as a simple activity especially if you have a toddler or preschooler. All you need to do is print as many copies as you need, grab your markers, crayons or pencils and get started.
- Torn paper: grab some construction paper or scrap paper and tear it into pieces. Spread some glue onto your tiger and then use your torn paper to ‘color’ it in. You’ll obviously be wanting shades of orange and black for this.
- Tissue paper: Tear pieces of colored tissue paper up and scrunch them into balls before gluing them onto your tiger for a 3D effect.
- Make a paper garland: you could print out and decorate several of these tigers and use them to make a simple decoration. Just cut out the tiger shape and then use tape to attach the back of each one to some twine before hanging them all up.
- Paper plate tiger: Although the template will obviously hang over the edge of the cardboard we’ve made a few paper plate crafts using our free templates. Color in your paper plate with markers or paint to give your tiger the background you want, then cut out your tiger using scissors and glue it onto the paper plate.
Tiger Books For Kids
I like any excuse to share a story with my kids so I thought I’d share some ideas for tiger books that you might like to share with your child too.
There’s loads of tiger based stories out there as well as lots of factual books about tigers that you can use for inspiration for your craft. As Daniel Tiger was very, very much a favourite with one of my kids I had to include one of his books too!
- National Geographic Readers: Tigers by Laura Marsh
- Daniel Goes To The Dentist (Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood) by Alexandra Cassel Schwartz
- A Tiger Like Me by Michael Engler
More Chinese New Year Crafts
Grab our free printable Chinese lantern template and make this mosaic lantern craft.
We also have a Chinese dragon template that’s free and for this Chinese dragon craft we’ve decorated it using q-tips.
More Zoo Animal Crafts
This toilet roll snake craft is a good one to do with young children (although obviously supervided!), I made this with my son to help him practice his scissor skills.
Got some paper bags at home? Make this elephant craft which you can use as a puppet too!
How To Get and Print The Template
To get your free tiger template just subscribe below in the box. We won’t send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address your template will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift.
Please make sure to check ALL your email folders for the confirmation email and make sure you press the confirm subscription button.