Need a simple Chinese New Year activity for kids? Print out our free Chinese dragon template and try out one of our super easy ideas for decorating it!
RELATED: Chinese Lantern Template
My kids have always loved celebrating Chinese New Year and we often decorate our home with crafts inspired by the celebration as well as of course using it as an excuse to eat Chinese food.
One problem that we do have though is with Chinese dragon crafts, they’re just really hard to draw!
With this in mind I’m sharing today this Chinese dragon template for kids crafts. This downloadable PDF is free for you to print and use as many times as you would like.
I hope it helps make creating Chinese New Year crafts and activities that but easier for you.
As well as the template I’ve also shared some ideas for ways that you can use this template and you’ll find links to some of our favourite Chinese New Year crafts too, hopefully it will help to give you some inspiration for celebrating with your family too.
Love easy craft ideas? Make sure you check out all of our free templates for kids crafts.
Chinese Dragon Craft and Activity Ideas
Trying out some Chinese dragon crafts is a great way to help teach kids about Chinese New Year. If you haven’t seen a Chinese dragon dance then why not show your child one on Youtube to get an idea of what the real ones look like?
You can get our Chinese dragon template at the bottom of this page by subscribing to the free Crafts on Sea newsletter.
- Grabs some colouring pens, pencils or crayons and just colour in your template. This is the most easy and ‘traditional’ way to decorate your Chinese dragon but there’s nothing wrong with that!
- Make this cotton bud painted Chinese dragon craft.
- Cut the dragon’s head out and stick it onto a large cardboard tube to make a simple body for it.
- Paint the dragon’s face with pom poms dipped in paint.
- Cut out pieces of coloured paper to make a mosaic. Red is the colour most traditionally used for Chinese New Year but you could use other colours too.
Printable Chinese Dragon Template
To get the free template, subscribe below in the box.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address it will be delivered to your inbox as a free gift.
Please make sure to check ALL folders for the confirmation email.
More Ideas for Chinese New Year Crafts
These paper lanterns are easy to adapt to make them perfect for Chinese New Year – just use red as your main colour.
This mosaic Chinese lantern craft uses our free template and is a great way to practice some simple scissor skills too.
Make this movable Chinese dragon paper plate craft.
I also love this Chinese dragon paper plate twirler from Red Ted Art.