These yarn wrapped Christmas wreath ornaments are perfect for kids to make and hang on the Christmas tree and they’d make a great keepsake to give to grandparents too!
Grab our free template to make these simple ornaments and have fun creating some cute crafts together.
RELATED: Children’s Christmas Wreath Ideas
What You'll Find on This Page
Wreath Craft Materials
- Wreath Template
- Green and red yard
- Optional: Tape / Glue-gun
Yarn Wrapped Ornaments
Begin by printing the wreath template.
Trace the template on a piece of cardboard, we’ve used a cereal box but a delivery box would be a great option too.
Cut out the circle from the card. An adult will then need to cut out the smaller inner circle.
Tape the end of a long strand of green yarn on the back of the cardboard and begin wrapping around the form with the yarn.
Continue wrapping until the form is completely covered in the green yarn.
Once you have finished wrapping, tuck the final end of yarn in the already wrapped strands. If you would like to make sure this is secure you could tape this down or even use a glue gun to secure it.
Next, take a much smaller strand of red yarn and slip under a few strands of the bottom green yarn.
Form the red yarn into a bow and trim away any excess yarn then glue sequins around the wreath.
Finally, form a loop with another small strand of green yarn.
Wrap the loop around the top of the wreath, and bring one side through the loop. Tighten to secure.
The wreath is now ready to hang from the tree.
You can draw out the wreath shape yourself but if you’d like a hand getting the shape right then grab our wreath template.
Yarn Wrapped Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Yarn red and green
- Sequins red
- Wreath template
- Print out your free wreath template.
- Trace the template on to a piece of cardboard and cut out the cardboard shape.
- Tape the end of a long strand of green yarn on the back of the cardboard and wrap it around the card until it is totally covered.
- Tuck the final end of yarn in the already wrapped strands to secure, or if you would prefer tape or glue this in place.
- Slip a small piece of red yarn under a few strands of the bottom green yarn.
- Tie this yarn into a bow shape.
- Glue on your red sequins.
- Take a piece of green yarn and tie it into a loop through your wreath ornament so that you can hang it from a Christmas tree.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
This print and colour snowman card is 3D and would be great to send to friends and family.
Grab a paper plate and make this cute Santa craft for kids.