Are you ready for Halloween? We’re certainly getting ready here! This paint splat spider craft is perfect for preschoolers and younger kids as the technique itself is a nice sensory way of painting without (hopefully!) getting too messy and you can also use this as a way to practice scissor skills.
What You'll Find on This Page
Spider Craft for Preschoolers
I planned this spider craft to be for preschoolers to make (with a bit of help from an adult) but obviously other age groups can still make it too!
I know from experience of looking through Pinterest with my own kids that kids crafts are often a bit too tricky for my children (and they’re not exactly toddlers any more) but I figure paint splat crafts are easy enough even for young kids and while you’ll probably need to cut out the eyes and mouth for your spider many preschoolers will be able to help with cutting out the legs.
If they’re not in the mood for cutting (and again I write this as a parent who has been there) then get them to help with sticking the legs on. Collaborative art projects are just as fun!
Like this craft? Make sure you bookmark it or pin it for later to remind you when you’re ready to make it
Paint Splat Spider Craft
- Black paint
- Black pen
- Scrap white paper
- White or coloured paper
- Black paper or card
- Take a piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Near the fold, add some black paint.
- Fold the paper back closed and then squish the paint through the paper to make your paint splat. Open the paper back up to see your shape, you can always add more paint at this point if needed.
- Cut circles out of your white scrap paper to make your spiders eyes and draw a dot in the middle with your black pen. Glue these into place. You can also cut out and glue on a mouth if you would like.
- Cut eight long rectangles out of black paper or card to make your spiders legs and glue these into place onto your paint splat.
- Your spooktastic spider is now done!
More Spider Crafts for Kids
These CD spiders were made by my kids when they were in preschool. We learnt a lot that day about how many eyes spiders have!
These easy spider craft is really simple to make too.