Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be sharing some designs for Christmas cards for kids with you and today’s craft is this cute snowman card that kids can make! We’ve shared loads of snowman crafts over the last few years, I love them because they make perfect Christmas crafts but you can easily still use them during the rest of winter too. If you don’t fancy making this as a Christmas card design right now you could always save it as a cute thank you card the kids could make after the big day!
What I love about this snowman craft is that it’s really easy to make but also looks really great! Younger kids can easily make this (perhaps with a little help with the scarf) and older ones can change it up to make it more detailed I’ve included some ideas for how to adapt this craft at the end of the instructions.
My kids always love making snowman crafts too (maybe because we don’t actually get that much snow?) so I’ve included some more snowman crafts at the end of this post make sure you check them out for more inspiration as well as our other Christmas crafts for kids to make.
Like this craft? Make sure that you bookmark this page or pin an image so that you’ve got this idea to hand when you’re ready to start making Christmas cards with your kids!
Snowman Christmas Card for Kids
To make this easy Christmas card the first thing you’ll need is a card itself. You can either buy a pack of blank cards if you’re planning on making a few or just fold a piece of coloured card in half. Blue is a great colour for this because you’ll want to see the difference between the card and the snowman don’t go for white or he’ll look like he’s been in a snowstorm!
Next take two white cupcake liners, stick the first one onto the card using glue and then fold the second one in half this makes it a bit easier to cut.
Cut a margin of around a centimetre off the edge of your second cupcake liner so it’s now smaller than the other one and glue this on to make the snowman’s head.
From coloured scrap card cut out a scarf shape and glue this on too. I’ve snipped the ends of the scarf too to give it a feathered effect like some woollen scarves have.
Your final bit of cutting is a small triangle from orange card or paper to make the snowman’s nose. Glue this on and then draw dots using a black pen to make the eyes and mouth.
Snowman Christmas Card
- Black pen
- 2 Cupcake liners white
- Coloured card (for the card itself)
- Coloured card (for the carrot nose and scarf)
- Flatten out one cupcake liner and glue it onto the card
- Fold the second cupcake liner in half and trim some of the edge off.
- Glue the smaller cupcake liner on to make the snowman's head.
- Cut out a scarf shape from coloured card and glue it on.
- Cut out a triangle shape from orange card or paper and glue it on to make the snowman's nose.
- Draw in the snowman's eye's and mouth using a black pen.
Ways To Adapt This Craft
- Paint on snowflakes using finger printing or the end of a q-tip and white paint.
- Add snowflake stickers.
- Add buttons for the snowman you could use real buttons or draw these on.
- Cut out a hat from coloured card black would be great for a top hat and glue this onto the snowman’s head. You could embellish this if you wanted.
More Snowman Crafts for Kids
This scrunched paper snowman craft is perfect for younger kids to make.
We love paper plate craft sand this spinning snowman paper plate makes a great decoration too.
These Christmas painted rock designs are great for people who love hiding rocks or you can use them as story stones. Of course there’s a little snowman design in there too!