I’m really happy to be sharing a guest post today from my friend Gude with this super cute washi tape mini banner for Santa treats. Gude is the owner of ‘everything that I need in my life right now’ shop The Paperdashery which is is a stationary addicts dream, she always shares loads of great and totally achievable ideas for washi tape crafts so make sure you go and give her and her shop a look too!
Do you leave a little treat for Santa on Christmas Eve? We like to make some extra mince pies or Christmas cupcakes for Santa to have with a glass of milk when he comes to deliver the boys’ stocking presents.
This year we decided to make a mini banner out of washi tape so that Santa knows exactly which treats are for him to eat. It was super quick and simple to make. Here’s how we did it…
What you will need to make a washi tape mini banner for Santa
- Cocktail sticks
- Red polka dot, or Christmas theme washi tape (available at The Paperdashery)
- Slim black washi tape or a Sharpie
How to make a washi tape mini banner for Santa
- Cut a length of red polka dot, or Christmas pattern washi tape approx. 20cm and lay it out flat on your table, sticky-side down.
- Use your slim black washi tape to create letters by snipping short lengths and positioning them carefully on the longer length of tape.
TIP: start with the centre letter and work outwards to keep your lettering centred.
Or you could write on the washi tape with a black Sharpie.
- Gently peel your long length of washi tape off the table, turn it over and lay it out again flat on the table, sticky side up.
- Take 2 cocktail sticks and lay them across the sticky side of washi tape, at right angles, one at either end of the lettering. Place the tapered tips of the cocktail sticks just poking out of the top of the tape.
- Cut another long (approx. 20cm) length of red polka dot or Christmas washi tape and press it onto the lettered length, keeping the sticky sides of the washi tape together and carefully lining up the edges as they meet. This will fix the cocktail sticks into place.
- Cut a little swallow tail shape in the ends of your mini bunting (optional).
- Stick the mini banner into your cakes or mince pies for Santa.
We love this cute little banner so much, we might make another one for Rudolph’s carrot (if I can shove a cocktail stick into a carrot that is)!
Love this craft? Make sure you bookmark this or pin the image below so you don’t forget to make it!
Author: Gude Hudson-Gool
Gude is the owner of The Paperdashery, an online stationery boutique supplying all you need to send happiness through the mail. She is also founder of the #MamaMail project (sending happiness to new mamas). Follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter