I’m very excited to have Maggy for Red Ted Art guest posting today with some fabulous winter crafts to make with kids. If here was a queen of kids crafts it would have to be Maggy, her site is always the one I see mentioned by friends and so I’m really happy to have her share some ideas with you too. I’m sure you’ll find something just perfect for keeping the kids busy during this colder weather!
Hello! It is so lovely to be here today and share some of our love of crafting with you. As the cold dark winter afternoons continue, I thought some lovely easy winter crafts may just be the thing. From gorgeously bright Snowflake Crafts to winter animals, snow globes, ice and more, I hope you will find lots of crafty inspiration to keep the kids busy, happy and above all CRAFTY!
Fun Winter Crafts To Make With Kids
- The whole family can enjoy creating these Snowman & Friends. When you’re done coloring, they will fit so nicely on a book shelf or mantle for everyone to see.
- Do you have a bin of loo rolls stocked up waiting for crafts like we do? We used a bunch from our bin and old socks to make these Toilet Roll Snowman and then we used them in a fun indoor activity!
- Even when it’s cold, sometimes we still need to get outside and get fresh air. These Ice Ornaments are a perfect excuse to get outside and do a quick science activity. And when they’re all done they look absolutely beautiful.
- If ice is too cold, but you want to play with SNOW but there isn’t any.. why not make your very own DIY Snow recipe? This is just too cool (excuse the pun) and an absolute MUST TRY!
- Snowglobes are purely magical and in my opinion a childhood must! And if you haven’t made your own, you must. My children love watching the ‘snow fall’ in the jars and on their small toys.
- Our little feathered friends outside love treats too. This fun twist on a traditional bird feeder will make cold days of ‘sitting on the inside looking out’ a little more interesting.
- These simple paper snowflakes look anything but simple. The six sides makes these look absolutely gorgeous and the perfect for a décor addition all year long.
- If you love paper snowflakes, these window stars may be your new favorite way to dress up your window. And the best part? They can be modified to match any season!
- Penguins are one of my favorite snow loving animals. The way they waddle is so adorable. This simple penguin craft is just as adorable and kids can play with it after it’s made.
Winter is such a magical season. It may be bitterly cold outside but these crafts are the perfect way to stay cozy and enjoy the times when you’d rather be inside. Each craft is magical in its own way and will help to make the inside (and outside) of your home feel more like a winter wonderland.
You may also like:
Love these ideas? Make sure you pin the image below so you don’t forget to make them!